Local and Loving It
We’re proud to make an impact on communities where we live, work and serve. Some examples:
- We helped send Anthony Cahoon, an athlete from Marion, to the 2015 Special Olympics World Games in Los Angeles. Our employees cheered him on as he carried the Olympic torch through Marion prior to representing Team USA Soccer.
- In Rockford, we handed out 5,000 backpacks at school district 2015’s Back-to-School Day. 98% of the district’s students are low income.
- Employee volunteers from our Jacksonville office prepared and served meals at the New Directions Warming and Cooling Center for the Homeless which has been sheltering people in Jacksonville since 2011.
Keeping Our Hometown Healthy: Spotlight on Chicago
- The new Maggie Daley Park is directly across the street from our headquarters and we’re not just a neighbor – we’re a sponsor. When the park was dedicated in June, we celebrated by hosting a kite flying event on the Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois Great Lawn. We’re proud to sponsor a wonderful green space that promotes fun, healthy activities for Chicagoans and visitors.
- We’re the exclusive system sponsor of Divvy, the City of Chicago’s bike sharing program. In 2015, Divvy expanded to 475 stations and 4,760 bikes. Divvy riders took more than 3.2 million trips, traveled more than 6.7 million miles and burned more than 250 million calories.
- For 25 years we have partnered with the Chicago Department of Public Health on a mobile health Care Van® that brings immunizations and health literacy information to people across the city.